Jan 14, 2009

Sweet Girl

Ok, so today I was cooking breakfast. I made scrambled eggs and toast and from the day my daughter could sit in her bumbo she has been sitting on the counter while I cook. She likes it and it is easier for me, as did every other kid before her. Well, today I found out why this is not a good idea. She fell when my back was turned and her hand landed on the burner which was still hot and she burnt her upper palm and all 5 of her fingers with the first two suffering the worst damage. I went into the worst state of panic I have ever been in. I finally thought to call the dr and did and they told me to bring her in. I called a couple friends until I got ahold of someone and dropped Lyric off and Bryan met me at the dr's office. They said she has 2nd degree burns, and now they are all blistered. They gave her loratab and some salve to put on them when they bust. It looks horrible to me. She seems to do fine with the medication. I will try not giving her the loratab tomorrow and see how she does with just motrin. I will post a pic of her hand tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Lemke Family said...

We hope she gets better soon. I didnt know that they gave kids lortab. Where was this Dr. when we were kids?