May 17, 2009

I'm retarded!


This post is dedicated to my sweet, loving, precious, onery, loud-mouthed 2 yr old daughter, Kathryn aka as Kater or WildKat to us!

So, yesterday we decided to take the kids to dinner and the movies. We always go to the $2 movie when we have to take Kater with us and yesterday we HAD to. Well, she has vocal skills that would give a 5 yr old a run for their money and she doesn't know how to be quiet! So, we get our tickets for Hotel for Dogs, thinking the dogs would keep her entertained, yeah right! Well, there are only 3 or 4 other families which is good for me and I turn to the people behind us and apologize to them to begin with telling them I know she will be bad and I am sorry. She said not to worry they have a 2 1/2 yr old too and she would be bad also, yeah right she fell asleep, I wish I could get so lucky.

The movie starts and she likes it! YES! We are in luck after all. Oh, wait she runs off BAREFOOT, a little gross! She runs back! Daddy grabs her and entertains her for a little while. She wants mommy, LOUDLY! She sits with me and informs me she wants to go sit in the van to which I reply NO, we have to see what happens with the dogs! She gives up and lays down in my lap. I look down at her and she is looking up at me and I am thinking oh she is so sweet and she hollars every so loudly, YOU RETARDED MOMMY!

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOL, you are so NOT retarded!! Brave is what I'd call you for taking a wee one to the theater. :)

Brooke said...

Well, Hannah if you read this, it takes a strong woman to say anything about my blog when I am not allowed to see yours! You don't know anything about my family and I have "special needs" children myself and one that has OCD. All kinds of people say things that could hurt my children too, if they knew those things were supposed to be directed to them but they don't. People are people and talk different ways. I can assure that if my children are God loving, church going, very respectable young people. They know right and wrong to the best of their ability for their ages, do they say inappropriate things, yes, is it funny, sometimes, do they learn from their mistakes, indeed. I didn't post how I handled the situation, it is none of YOUR business, as you are not related to us or friends with us which is what my blog is for, my thoughts, and funny stories for my friends and family who don't get to share in our everday lives anymore cause they have moved or whatever. If you don't like what happens in my life don't read about it!