May 9, 2009

My Saint Lucian Journal





Day one, Customs, not to bad really, we had to fill out a paper and they stamped our passport and we were off. Taxi ride-1 ½ hours! WOW it was something. The guy, Cow, seriously, insisted on reciting poetry, Shakespeare and his own! Not bad really but still I was not into it. The drive made me see how little some people have and why he kept calling us “wealthy” Americans. I guess blessings come in many different ways cause we don’t the beauty they do here but they don’t realize that and just have trash everywhere!! It is sad really! They seem very jealous. We got the hotel/resort and got to go to the concierge room AWESOME, they explained everything to us and are there to help us out no matter what we need! It is great! We stopped and got a drink and walked in the sand. Bryan couldn't wait to get in the ocean and swim but called the kids instead. We made our way to the ocean finally only to be stopped by someone selling tours that interested Bryan so another hold up. I couldn’t take it anymore and had to put my feet in, at this point they were very tired. So Bryan set us up with a tour for Wed. It includes seeing an active volcano, hot springs that can sure anything from a mosquito bite to arthritis, maybe it will help my fluid filled ear, snorkeling, lunch, the highest waterfall on the island and some more. I am super excited and I hope I get sunburned. We had dinner at a beach front BBQ while we listened to some locals play their drums it was awesome, but I forgot my camera, then we took a walk on the beach while the waves came up and covered our feet it was everything I thought it would be. Well, I was exhausted so we can back to the room and prepared for bed.

No comments: